- Product Name : Mefenamic Acid Tablets
- Trade Name : Meftal, Ponstel, Ponstan
- Available Strength : 250 mg, 500 mg
- Available Combination : Mefenamic Acid + Drotaverine Tablet, Mefenamic Acid + Dicyclomine Tablet, Mefenamic Acid + Paracetam
- Packing : 10X10Tablets/Box
- Pack Insert/Leaflet : Yes
- Therapeutic use : Analgesic, Anti Inflammatory, Antipyretic, NSAID, Painkiller
- Production Capacity : 10 million tablet/month
What is Mefenamic Acid?
Mefenamic Acid Tablet is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Analgesic, Pain During Periods, Heavy Bleeding During Periods, Fever, Inflammation, Migraine Headache and other conditions.
Mefenamic Acid Tablet contains Mefenamic Acid as an active ingredient.
Mefenamic Acid Tablet works by stopping the bodyâs production of a substance.
Detailed information related to Mefenamic Acid Tabletâs uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Mefenamic Acid Tablet Uses
Mefenamic Acid Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Pain During Periods
- Heavy Bleeding During Periods
- Migraine Headache
Mefenamic Acid Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Mefenamic Acid Tablet improves the patientâs condition by performing the following functions:
- Stopping the bodyâs production of a substance.
Mefenamic Acid Tablet â Composition and Active Ingredients
Mefenamic Acid Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Mefenamic Acid Tablet â Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Mefenamic Acid Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Ulcers In Stomach
- Abnormal Dark Colored Stools
- Ulceration Around Mouth Or Lips
- Abdominal Pain
Mefenamic Acid Tablet â Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Have renal and hepatic impairment
- Taking prescription or nonprescription medicines