A xanthine derivative, acebrophylline is used as a bronchodilator for the treatment of bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in adults. Specifications:
- Description:- White crystalline powder.
- Appearance of the solution:- Should be clear
- Colour of the solution:-Not more intensely coloured than reference solution Y6.
- Melting point:- About 2I5 C.
- Loss on drying :- Not more than 0.50% w/w.
- pH:- Between 4.5 and 6.0.
- Sulphated ash:- Not more than 0.10% w/w.
- Heavy metals :- Not more than 20 ppm
- Ethyl acetate:- Not more than 5000 ppm
- Methanol:- Not more than 1000 ppm
- Dimethyl formamide:- Not more than 800 ppm
- Packaging details:
|Packaging details: ||25kg/drum with double plastic bags inside; packed in a cardboard drum or fiber HDPE drum. |
|Storage: ||Stored in a clean, cool, dry area; keep away from moisture and strong, direct light/heat |
|Shelf Life: ||5 years if sealed and store away from direct sun light. |